I am finishing up my first week of Shift Shop. If you read my last blog post then you know that I have been struggling the last several months. I lost my purpose, I started to doubt myself, my abilities, I let my anxiety and depression control my free time and turned to self- medication (junk food and alcohol) to deal with the loneliness and frustration.
I had 2 choices… give up and go further down a path which could lead to serious health issues and addictions or reclaim my life, regain my confidence, and decide that I can be the person I want to be. Healthy, Happy, Inspirational, and TRUE TO ME!
In comes the SHIFT…
Shift Shop to be exact. It’s the program I decided to use to reclaim my health, physically and mentally. I also sought out a therapist to work through my issues. I recommend therapy to anyone starting to go down the dangerous road of self-medicating.
So what is Shift Shop?
- The SHIFT SHOP is a program developed by Beachbody Super Trainer Chris Downing,
- Chris’ unique program starts you off slow with 25-minute workouts in Week 1. Then the time gradually increases to 35-minute workouts in Week 2, and 45-minute workouts in Week 3. As the routines ramp up in intensity and duration, the diet ramps up on protein and veggies, while reducing starchy carbs, to deliver signi cant results in only 3 weeks.
- The SHIFT SHOP comes with 6 workouts that mix up cardio and strength training that start off slow then gradually increase in intensity as your body adapts.
- You also get 2 bonus workouts: Shift Core and Shift Mobility.
- Chris Downing uses an engaging, motivation-based approach to help you grow stronger—physically and mentally—all powered by his personal philosophy: Empower. Love. Inspire.
- Includes a modifier who demonstrates the moves at a lower intensity, so anyone at any fitness level can make the shift to a healthier life!
I am wrapping up week 1. Here are my thoughts on it…
The food is really tasty. I was only cooking for me and made 3 of the Shift Shop included recipes. I wish I could have tried more of the recipes but those three were plenty of food mixed in with some clean eating staples! Favorite Recipe: The Beef Chili
The workouts are the right length to start. I enjoy 30 minute or less workouts, since I like to do them in the morning before work and meetings. I realize to keep moving on, I’ll be in the 35 minute workout week next week and this will force me to wake up a little earlier… guess what… I’ll do it…. because it’s worth it! I’m worth it.
The workouts are challenging but the modifier helps. Even though the first week’s workouts were only 25 minutes I was pushing myself to my limits. Sore muscles followed and that’s a WIN in my book. I also enjoyed the mix of cardio and strength training. Chris is very motivational! He gets you to tap into your WHY and your emotions. He is also funny at times and made me laugh. That’s a plus!
Mentally. I feel SO much better. Focusing on a positive way to feel better is WAY more rewarding than self-medicating with food and alcohol. I have more energy already. My mind is less foggy and I am finding a clarity I haven’t had in a long time.I’m not doing this alone…. NOPE, I have an entire group of inspiring, motivating, and most of all REAL people, friends, some are friends whom I have counted on for years, others are new friends who I am just getting to know, ALL of them are supportive, non-judgmental, and and interracial piece to my journey to a better me! I don’t think I could do this alone. Our group has 16 members, it’s on Facebook! I am one of three coaches running the group but I get so much out of it as a participant as well as a coach!
Looking forward to Week 2! Here are my before photos. I’m excited to see how my body will change in the 21 days! I’ll be writing a blog post at the end of each of the three weeks so make sure you subscribe to my blog and check back for progress reports.
Are you ready to make the shift too? Join me! I run 2 monthly challenge groups and there is no better time to start than now! Even if you want to start week 1 with us all at week 2 that’s fine! We’ve got your back! Comment below or email me to get started on your SHIFT!