Sometimes you just need a baked good! You don’t know how many calories or what ingredients go into the baked goods in the bakery, and although they may be delicious, they may also contain ingredients you are trying to avoid, like dairy or gluten. If you buy processed baked goods you may be eating chemicals!
This recipe is SIMPLE and made with SIMPLE ingredients.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs olive oil or other oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of mashed banana (about 2 ripe ones)
- 1/4 cup of real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare baking pan or loaf pan by greasing it or coating it with a little oil. (I like using my Pampered Chef small rectangular backing stoneware.)
- Whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl
- Add the olive oil, eggs, bananas, maple syrup, and chocolate chips to the dry ingredient and mix well.
- Pour batter into the baking pan or loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool before serving. Store bread covered at room temp for 2 days or refrigerate for a couple of weeks or you can freeze it for a few months.
You can also add nuts to this recipe and/or leave out the chocolate.
(This recipe was adapted from “The Healthy Coconut Flour Cookbook” by Erica Kerwien)